This is one of those hot topics that always needs to be discussed! I myself am obsessed about reading other people’s skincare just in case I discover a miracle product hence I totally get it when people ask me to share mine! I do feel bit guilty that I haven’t shared my updated skincare routine for a while now but better late than never right?! 😀
If you’re new to my blog, I have a super oily, acne prone (thanks to PCOS) sensitive skin with giant pores.
Here’s a list of products I use with brief description, plus alternate options I suggest wherever I can.
- La Roche Posay Medicated Gel Cleanser – I am genuinely obsessed with this one. It is very mild to the skin yet cleanses your face deeply and perfect for acne prone skin such as mine. Shitiz loves it too!
- Burt Bee’s Cotton Face Cleanser – Another mild facewash for sensitive skin. I use this one in the morning when I wake up!
- Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser – This one I use for makeup removal. After I use my makeup remover (mentioned below), I wash my face with this foaming cleanser.
As you can see, I don’t use any harsh or strong cleansers. I have finally realised that it’s best to not expose your skin to harsh products as it doesn’t help in the longer run!
Alternate facewash options – Bodyshop Tea Tree (for acne prone skin) and Bodyshop Vit. E cleanser (for makeup removal).
Neutrogena All in 1 Acne Control – I love how this scrub is not too harsh but granular enough to keep my pores clean. I scrub my face 3 times a week.
- Kiehl’s Spot Corrector – This helps me with my pigmentation (I have bit of chloasma on my cheeks because of PCOS) and blemishes. It takes bit time of course, because that’s how skin care works, it takes time. Give it 3-4 months to see any noticeable difference. I use it twice a day, everyday. Can be used under makeup too.
- Bodyshop Tea Tree Oil – When my skin acts hormonal, especially when I am PMSng, I apply it on my T-zone as that area is where I get most breakouts, and sleep with it overnight.
- Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate – I have funny sleep cycle, I travel a lot and then there’s stress time to time. All this can take a toll of skin and make it look dull. So I use this one for a few days when needed to get over the dullness and tiredness.
Clinique Take The Day Off – I think I have found my holy grail for removing makeup, so so so effortless, and cleans every little bit of makeup!!
Alternate options – Bodyshop Vit E makeup remover, Bioderma micellar water and NYX micellar water.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair – Oh.My.God. This works like magic! The texture of my skin has drastically improved in just last 3 months of using it. Worth every penny!!!
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix – It works yes! And after trying hundred under eye products, I have finally found something that targets all issues like puffiness, fine lines, dark circles and so on.
Alternate options – Olay anti ageing or night creams & Shieshido under eye cream.
- Kama Ayurveda Eladi Hydrating Ayurvedic Face Cream – Light on skin and perfect for sensitive acne prone skin.
- Kiehl’s Pure Vitality Skin Renewing Cream – Perfect for days when my skin feels tired and dull, and needs some revitalisation!
- Kiehl’s Hydro Plumping Re-Texturing Serum – My favourite for everyday usage as it is super light, you barely feel it on the skin and can be easily worn with makeup.
- Burt’s Bees Acne Solution – I use this for overnight.
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion – I use this during the day as it’s basically a powder formula and doesn’t stay long if you sleep with it.
- Himalaya Neem Pack – I use my neem face pack too as on spot at times and trust me it works wonders!
Facial Spray/ Mist
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray
- Kama Ayurveda Rose Water
- Clinique Moisture Surge Facial Spray
I use any one whenever, though I use the Mario Badescu the most. All these are perfect to soothe or keep your skin hydrated and calm!
- Neutrogena Beach Defense Spray – I carry this for the beach after I have already applied my regular sunscreen. The spray makes it easier to re-apply as many times as I want at the beach.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch – My go to for everyday, pretty matte and non-greasy.
- Clinique SPF 50, body & face – Both I use as the first layer for beach or while traveling.
I don’t use any de-tan products but you can try VLCC de-tan packs, they are pretty good 🙂
I have listed all my favourite facepacks in this post, you can check here. The only additional thing to it would be Wilma Schumann under eye collagen pads I use once a week under my eyes. Unfortunately they are not available in India but I’ll keep you guys posted if I come across a product that works equally good and is available in India.
- I drink 3-4 litres of water everyday, for good skin it is important to stay hydrated.
- Having a balanced diet directly impacts your skin and even hair.
- I eat a lot of berries and other fruits rich in vitamins and anti-oxidants which keep the skin healthy.
- Try not to get too stressed as it leads to breakouts, dullness etc. Further, working out helps your body sweat and get rid of toxins which cause breakouts, so exercising is always good.
- Get your beauty sleep!