Beauty & Makeup

Longing for Happy Hair ?

By  |  18 Comments

Hair Care Guide

I have always been complimented for my hair, not just by my friends & family but strangers on road or even salon people. That’s like one of my major USP I guess.

Here I’ll share a few pics and probably you’ll know what I mean when I call it my USP !

hair care best indian beauty blog

hair care best indian beauty blog

hair care best indian beauty blog

hair care best indian beauty blog

I have dark brown hair, luckily straight, not poker straight but straight thus I don’t have to go through the process of ironing/pressing too much unless special occasions. But the best thing about my hair is the texture, which is the most important thing I suppose in hair. Thus I’ll be discussing few tips for hair care:

1. Oiling: I don’t really oil my hair much as I have an oily scalp, but if I do I prefer pure almond oil, try procuring it from stores which take it out fresh and not commercial ones, otherwise mustard oil ( bit lukewarm, which your scalp is comfortable with of course) is a good option, massage your scalp for a while, let it reach the roots & leave overnight.

Since I have just moved to Hyderabad, the water here is giving my hair a tough time so I am trying this new ‘Dove Elixir Hair-fall Control Oil’ about which I’ll get back to you guys later after using it for few more times.

2. Shampoo & Conditioner: I have been using Matrix Biolage Fortifying shampoo & conditioner for a while now. Thing is, don’t pick your shampoo & conditioner just because you see a fancy bottle in the market, always ask your salon/ hair guy to help you pick.

3. Hair Serum: I just can’t do without hair serums, it’s a must for me. I have been using Matrix Biolage smoothening serum for over 5 years now & it works best for me. Again, talk to your salon guy as to which one you should go for preferably.

4. Hair Spas: I take regular hair spas, once a month. Usually I go for protein treatment but currently have switched to hair fall treatment thing. If you have any other particular hair issue such as dandruff, you can go for specific hair spas, but it’s always good to have hair spas at least a month. I prefer L’oreal & Matirx products for hair spas.

5. Other Tricks or my little secrets: (a) Egg white + 2-3 drops olive oil, apply for 40mins – 1 hour before hair wash. Provides nourishment & improves the texture of hair. ( This is for people with normal/ bit oily scalp, like me, if you have a dry scalp, go for curd instead of egg white.) If the smell of egg white troubles you, add 2-3 drops lime to it.

(b) Dandruff: Usually a problem of dry scalp, apply Curd + lime drops ( half a lime for one bowl) for 40 mins before hair wash.

(c) Hairfall: Keep eating dried ‘Amla’ or Indian gooseberry every now & then like a candy, it helps.

I hope these few things will help you maintain your hair like they do to me.

Do get back to me here with your reviews & comments on my hair care tips.

Have a Happy Hair !!

To follow/ subscribe to my posts, hit the follow button at the bottom of this page !

Much Love.

18 Comments

1. Kritika

February 22, 2016 at 4:33 am

Good stuff, keep them coming!

2. Pallavi Ruhail

March 18, 2015 at 8:26 pm

3. Neeta

March 18, 2015 at 3:25 am

I simply want to say I am just beginner to blogging and site-building and truly enjoyed you’re website. Probably I’m want to bookmark your blog . You certainly come with perfect writings. Thanks for sharing with us your blog.

4. Jamal

March 4, 2015 at 6:42 am

That is a really good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
    Short but very precise information… Thanks for sharing this one.

A must read article!

5. thatdelhigirl

April 27, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Haha thanks 🙂

6. Hushmian

April 26, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Nothing beats the 1st pic! 🙂

7. Isaias Kerbo

July 3, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I am extremely very happy in your article for the reason that your article was very nice and I got proper information in your article.

8. Maye Lacau

July 2, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Gracias por el blog agradable. Fue muy útil para mí. Sigue compartiendo estas ideas en el futuro. Este fue en realidad lo que estaba buscando, y me alegro de que vine aquí! Gracias por compartir la dicha información con nosotros

9. Briana Pietropaolo

July 1, 2013 at 3:07 pm

You did the a great work writing and revealing the hidden beneficial features of

10. thatdelhigirl

June 25, 2013 at 7:09 am

Eat protein rich diet, regular oiling & massaging the scalp, hair spas, the nourishment ones will help & control on the split-ends. Try not to take stress, that effects your hair too.

11. smriti nahata

June 25, 2013 at 7:05 am

first of all you have beautiful hair.. the length , the texture everything is beyond perfect. I have straight (rebonded) hair till my shoulder. I want to grow them long , please give me some tips. I have mildly oily hair and my hair is too stubborn I think.. they just don’t grow Beyond my shoulder area. pls help !

12. Salvador Mottai

June 24, 2013 at 10:09 am

I’d prefer to thank you for that efforts you’ve got produced in writing this article. I am hoping the same ideal work from you within the long term also. In reality your creative writing skills has inspired me to begin my personal BlogEngine weblog now.

13. thatdelhigirl

June 9, 2013 at 11:32 am

I have heard oils with ‘shikakaai’ are good or you can try arnica oil, hope that helps !

14. sia

June 9, 2013 at 11:00 am

I have pretty long hair almost the same length as yours. The texture and the volume is good as well, not too straight but soft waves. I totally hate it as I’m complimented often for my hair because I have this pre-mature graying thing which depresses me to the core. Gosseberry..oils and what not, tried every damn thing. So I just don’t let my hair down. Could you help with an advice?

15. thatdelhigirl

June 6, 2013 at 6:50 pm

If you have frizzy hair then you should make sure that your hair has enough moisture in it to withstand the chemical treatment else it will lead to breakage of hair strand from between & frequent split ends, I’ll suggest you to see a hair specialist at a good salon before going for this process.

16. Himanshi

June 6, 2013 at 6:38 pm

You are blessed with such pretty hair.
    While I am not.
    I have medium frizzy hair and m dying to have long straight hair.
    Was thinking of rebonding, but the bad reviews always hold me back.
    What would you suggest?

17. thatdelhigirl

June 6, 2013 at 9:10 am

Thank you & happy to know you got help on time 🙂 Always go for your personal hair dresser’s verdict, these people know what can suit you well !

18. Leena

June 6, 2013 at 9:05 am

You do have beautiful hair.. I try to incorporate all these things but I am actually suffering through major damage due to chemical treatment..and my hair dresser has asked me to go organic with my hair products..

So I started with Oriflame’s Nature Secrets shampoo and hair condition and trust me it has done wonders for me! Totally love it!